What You Need To Know
IF YOU HAVE BOOKED A NEWSPAPER HOLIDAY… please do not call us until we have sent you a confirmation. We cannot deal with any booking enquiries until you have a Woolacombe Sands reference number.
We participate in newspaper holidays, including, The Sun £9.50 Holidays scheme and The Daily Mail BreakFree Holidays!
Collect tokens from The Sun Newspaper and book your 2019 holiday from £9.50 per person (minimum 4 people), with dates of your choice (subject to availability).
How do I book a Newspaper holiday?
Click here for booking details (you will be redirected to The £9.50 Holiday website).
Is it really just £9.50 to book?
Holidays are £9.50 per person during Low Season dates, and £15 per person during Peak Season dates. You must book a minimum of 4 people, and there is a maximum of 8 people.
There is a compulsory service charge of £9 per accommodation per night (i.e. £27 for a weekend break, and £36 for a Monday – Friday break).
We do offer dates where holidays are simply just £9.50 per person (low season), or £15 per person (high season) (minimum 4 people) with all the compulsory service charges and facility charges free of charge. These dates are:
- 25th March - £9.50 per person
- 1st April - £9.50 per person
- 3rd June - £15 per person
- 10th June - £15 per person
- 17th June - £15 per person
- 7th October - £9.50 per person
- 14th October - £9.50 per person
All other extras are optional.
What are the Optional Extras?
Facilities Pass – £7 per person (Use of the Clubhouse with daily and nightly entertainments, Kid’s Club & Animal Roadshows, Indoor and Outdoor heated swimming pools, crazy golf and play parks). Children under 2 years old are free of charge.
Bed Linen – £8 per double bed, £4 per single bed (We supply duvets and pillows with protectors. If you do not hire the linen from us (Duvet cover, pillowcase and flat sheet), you must bring your own).
Bed Making – £10 per accommodation (When hiring the linen from us).
Towels – £4 per person per stay
Starter Pack – £20 (Branded bread, butter, milk, cereals, tea, coffee, sugar, toilet rolls, washing up liquid, dishcloth & scourer).
Extra Car – £5 per night (1 car is included with a 2 bedroom accommodation, and 2 cars with a 3 bedroom accommodation).
Cot Hire – £15 per stay
High Chair – £15 per stay
Bed Guard – £15 per stay
Dogs – £25 per dog per stay
Amendment Plan – £10 (This enables you to amend your booking within our Terms and Conditions. Without this, no changes can be made once you confirm with us).
Some of these extras have been added to your booking confirmation for your convenience. They can all be removed (excluding the compulsory service charge) by telephoning or emailing the booking office, but will be an extra £1 per item if booked on arrival.
Do you Accept Dogs on The Sun Holidays?
We accept dogs and have pet-friendly and pet free accommodation (please call to express a preference if you have one, or add your dog if you would like to bring one. If dogs are not pre-booked, you may be allocated a pet free accommodation). We have beautiful dog walk exercise areas including a Woodland Walk, and dedicated footpath to the beach. Pet-friendly accommodation is subject to availability.
Do I have to pay for my children?
All ages are to be paid for in line with The Sun Terms and Conditions. Babies, and 0-2 year olds are not free of charge. Facility passes for under 2 year olds are free of charge, however all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the Clubhouse, swimming pools, crazy golf, kid's club and parks at all times.
Where do I collect tokens?
Tokens can be collected from The Sun newspaper from Saturday 5th January 2019.
How many tokens do I need?
You will need 10 x newspaper tokens to book a Sun Holiday.
When can I book my Sun Holiday?
You can book as of 13th January 2019 online.
Can I book my Sun Holiday directly with you?
No, all Sun Holidays must be booked through their website or booking procedure.
Can I cancel my Sun Holiday?
No, Sun Holidays cannot be cancelled.
Can I change my Sun Holiday dates?
Sun holiday dates cannot be changed with The Sun, if you think you have been allocated incorrect dates please contact The Sun Directly on 0344 543 9743.
If for some reason you cannot make the dates you have booked, we can offer a date change subject to availability. This can only be done if you have paid for The Amendment Plan, and there is a £15 administration fee.
When will I receive my Sun Confirmation from you?
As soon as The Sun confirm your booking to us (usually within 2-5 days of you booking with them), we will email you your booking confirmation. You MUST confirm to us, and pay any balance due no later than 42 days prior to arrival. We will not send email confirmations unless requested otherwise (hard copy confirmations will not be sent), and will not send reminders. If you have not heard from us 7 days after receiving your Sun confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What accommodation with I be allocated?
Accommodation allocation cannot be confirmed until your arrival unless you have upgraded and/or paid a Specific Requirement Fee. Allocation of Sun Holidays is usually to an Ocean View Bronze Caravan.
Can I upgrade my caravan or guaranteed Sea view?
Yes, upgrades start from £50. Upgrades are based on a minimum of 4 people sharing.
When you receive your confirmation from us, please call the office directly on 01271 870569 to arrange an upgrade.
If I book ‘back to back’ breaks, can I have the same accommodation so I do not have to move?
If you book 2 breaks with consecutive dates and do not want to move accommodation in between, we will endeavour to ensure your 2 breaks are booked in the same accommodation number. There is a £15 Specific Requirement Fee if there is availability.
Can I choose my accommodation number?
If you would like to choose your accommodation number, this is occasionally viable. A Specific Requirement Fee of £15 will be charged if there is availability.
Is there a Sun Holiday Helpline Telephone Number?
Yes, please call 0344 543 9743. Please only call our booking office once you have received a confirmation directly from us.
DAILY MAIL BREAKFREE HOLIDAYS
- Collect five different passwords from the Daily Mail, the Mail on Sunday and some local papers, printed every day from 3rd January 2019.
- Enter your passwords into the boxes on the Daily Mail Website. Online booking opens on 7th January 2019.
- You can now start your search. Simply enter your holiday details on the Daily Mail Website and scroll through the results to find and book your perfect holiday with us! You can book online from 7th January 2019.
- Click here to get started with the Daily Mail Breakfree holidays.
Taking part in newspaper holidays for the first time?
If you haven’t booked one of the Breakfree holidays from £15pp before, here are a few handy tips to help you on your way:
- Prices are from £15 per person per break, based on four people sharing an Ocean View Bronze caravan. Fewer than four people can stay but the minimum holiday cost will apply. A £3.00 Breakfree online booking fee applies to UK bookings.
- Short breaks are available as three-night weekends (Friday to Monday) or four-night midweeks (Monday to Friday).
- You can book as many holidays as you like.
- There is a compulsory service charge but entertainments passes, linen, towels, starter packs and amendment plans are all optional. These charges will be listed on your first confirmation. There are free dates available – click here for details.
- Popular dates book quickly, so don’t delay.
- We accept pets, so please feel free to give us a call on 01271 870569 to check availability. General Daily Mail Breakfree Enquiries: 0344 543 9700.